Automatically fetching IP lookup data failed
Maxmind changed access to their GeoLite2 Databases.
It’s now obligatory to have a License Key for them. This results in an error while trying to download the DB without License-Key right now.
MaxMind provides the GeoIP Update program, which performs automatic updates for both GeoIP2 and GeoIP Legacy binary databases. Please follow the instructions below.:
- Create a free MaxMind account (https://www.maxmind.com/en/geolite2/signup), set your password and create a license key (https://www.maxmind.com/en/accounts/current/license-key) where “Will this key be used for GeoIP Update?” can be “NO”
- Login into mautic dashboard
- Go to Settings > Configuration > System Settings > Miscellaneous Settings
- Choose MaxMind GeoLite2 City Download as IP lookup service and enter the License Key as Auth Key
- Fetch or Update the Database
- There will be a ‘Success’-Text even without downloading the DB in the Backend
Note: Please ensure you are using the latest mautic version
Please check the below video where I have shown the steps. please like share and comment and do subscribe to my channel